- XXII Carat is a gated residential sub-community of The Palm Crescent and is situated to the south of the development.
- The Palm Crescent is a sub-community and is located on Sheikh Zayed Road (E11).
- The development contains a total of 22 units.
- The area is comprised solely of seven-bedroom villas.
- The project was launched in August 2015.
- The estimated handover date was Q4 2017.
- The master developer is Forum Group.
- From XXII Carat it takes roughly 27 minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 11 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 23 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 23 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 35 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 45 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
The development lies at the far end of the Palm's West Crescent and includes 238 metres of private beach, making it the least densely populated section of the Palm.
The Mediterranean style villas, each with its own swimming pool, are surrounded by large areas of trees and grass lawns.
The place is pedestrian only with a shared underground car park and golf carts for residents to travel around the development.
There are three types of villa in this gated community, Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire. The villas are laid out in three levels or terraces to allow each villa to have its own sea view. All villas have seven ensuite bedrooms.
The eight Emerald villas have fully planted gardens and private swimming pools with views across the sea towards JBR and Bluewaters Island.
The eight Ruby villas are raised on a terrace 3.5 metres above sea level giving them the most isolated location. They have open terraces and a bar and observation room on the top floor providing panoramic views of the Persian Gulf, The Palm and mainland Dubai. The Ruby 'P' type villas are three storeys high and are also located on the upper tier of the development. These Ruby villas have the largest floor plans and private elevators with direct access to the basement garage.
The six Sapphire villas are situated on the lower tier and have their own private 30m beaches. All six villas are two-storey with open and covered terraces, gardens and swimming pools.
A hotel apartment located at the centre of the development also houses the concierge service. Valet parking and pool and garden maintenance are also available to residents.
Kitchens are equipped with customised La Cornue cookers, decorated with fleurs-de-lis and unique enamelled plinths, and cabinets decorated and fitted by leading French company La Cuisine Française.
Bathrooms boast $1-million (Dh3.67 million) bathtubs carved from single pieces of amazonian crystal by top Italian interiors specialists, Baldi. The decor is by Italian firm Devon & Devon. Needless to say the taps and fittings are finished in 18-carat gold.
In June 2021 one of the XXII Carat villas sold for Dhs119.5m, making it the ‘most expensive’ villa sold in Dubai since 2015, according to its developer. The two-storey 12,140sq ft villa sits on a 26,033sq ft plot and has a private beach, private pool and landscaped garden. It has an outdoor kitchen and bar and an indoor steam room.
Another villa in the same development sold for Dhs105m in May 2021. The most expensive villa ever sold in Dubai was another Palm Jumeirah mansion, which went for Dhs185m in 2015.
One-click links to properties currently on the market in XXII Carat.
Properties for sale in XXII Carat
XXII Carat Dining and Nightlife Offers
By April 2019 six of the villas were 95% complete. The rest, together with the hotel, were in a shell and core state.
XXII Carat in the News
Gulf Business, 14th Jun 2021
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: