- Wasl Tower is a 63-storey mixed-use building under development in Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai.
- The project was launched in February 2015.
- The estimated handover date was Q4 2020.
- Construction began in 2015.
- The project is being developed by Wasl Properties.
- The architect of the project is UNStudio.
- Saleh Constructions has been appointed as the main contractor and the piling work is being carried out by APCC Piling Foundation Contracting.
- Other companies involved with Wasl Tower include Emirates Falcon Electromachanical Co, Kulkarni Quantity Surveyors, Werner Sobek and Seed Engineering Consultants.
- The project is located on plot 343-1193.
- From Wasl Tower it takes roughly 10 minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 18 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 16 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 21 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 19 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 43 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
The building was designed by internationally renowned architects and engineers, Ben van Berkel and Werner Sobek.
UNStudio is the lead architect of the project with U+A Architects acting as the architect of record.
The lead engineer of the project is Werner Sobek with additional engineering duties being served by DeSimone.
The tower will contain a 257-room Mandarin Oriental hotel from floors 16 to 38, and 144 serviced residences on the upper floors of the building, as well as a series of vertical gardens designed by Amsterdam-based UNStudio.
There is a light museum inside the building which showcases new and historic technologies in the field.
The tower has the world’s tallest ceramic façade which helps regulate the internal temperature of the building as well as reducing the surrounding noise. The vertical gardens help to reduce carbon dioxide levels in building.
The residential sections of the tower are supported by sports facilities, retail outlets, restaurants and cafes in an attempt to create self-contained living quarters.
The exterior features a lighting rig which can be adjusted throughout the year to reflect various events and occasions.
Wasl Tower Construction Progress
The dates above refer to when we monitored the site and not the exact date that construction reached a particular stage.
Please note that our progress updates are visual estimations only and should not be confused with official progress reports issued by the government regulator.
The Dh1.46 billion contract to build Wasl Tower was awarded to Arabtec in May 2017.
Concrete construction has reached the 12th floor
Saleh Constructions LLC has picked up the construction contract after the downfall of Arabtec in 2020.
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: