- Uptown Tower is a 78-storey mixed-use building under development in Uptown Dubai, Dubai.
- The development will contain an estimated 403 units.
- The project was launched in April 2018.
- The estimated handover date was Q4 2020.
- Construction began in September 2017.
- The project is being developed by DMCC.
- Turner International Middle East has been appointed as the project manager.
- The hotel will be operated by Accor Hotels.
- The design contract was awarded to Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture LLP.
- Belhasa Six Construct has been appointed as the main contractor and the piling work is being carried out by MAST Piling & Foundation Contracting LLC.
- Other companies involved with Uptown Tower include Rockwell Group, WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff, BIC Contracting and Interiors International Industries LLC..
- From Uptown Tower it takes roughly 18 minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 10 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 15 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 10 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 26 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 29 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
Uptown Tower is one of Uptown Dubai’s two super tall towers that anchor the ten million sq ft development.
It contains 188 luxury hotel rooms and suites, high-end restaurants, health spas, conference facilities, grade A offices, and 229 uniquely designed branded residences.
Uptown Tower’s architecture was conceptualized by Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture. Adrian Smith designed the Burj Khalifa while he was Design Partner at SOM Chicago.
The building ‘replicates the brilliance of diamonds through its faceted glass façade that illuminates the interior spaces with natural light while filtering out harsh glare’.
The interiors of the luxury hotel, including the restaurants and health spa, were designed by New York based architecture and design firm Rockwell Group.
A two-level central plaza on the podium includes coffee shops, restaurants, retail spaces and entertainment zones.
Rockwell Group’s scope of work included the design of the super tall tower’s first premium 5-Star hotel and branded residences, which went on sale in early 2018.
The contract to build Uptown Tower, the first super-tall tower in Uptown Dubai district, was awarded to BESIX (Belhasa Six Construct).
The super-tall is a LEED Gold Certified Building and home to a state-of-the-art DMCC Business Hub.
Uptown Tower Construction Progress
The dates above refer to when we monitored the site and not the exact date that construction reached a particular stage.
Please note that our progress updates are visual estimations only and should not be confused with official progress reports issued by the government regulator.
The piling and raft works were completed In August 2018.
Approximately 290 foundation piles were installed to support Uptown Tower and the podium at Uptown Dubai.
The raft foundation, comprising of 2,500 tonnes of steel and over 12,000 cubic metres of concrete, was laid during a continuous 46-hour operation.
The Uptown Tower reached the 153 metre mark in December 2020, 187 metres short of the top.
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: