- The Royal Atlantis Resort & Residences is a hotel under development on The Palm Crescent, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai.
- The development will contain an estimated 1,026 units.
- The building will contain a mix of two-, three-, four- and five-bedroom apartments as well as penthouses and hotel rooms.
- The project was announced in 2014.
- The estimated openining date was Q3 2019 which was later revised to Q4 2021.
- Construction began in 2015.
- The project is being developed by Kerzner International.
- Faithful & Gould has been appointed as the project manager.
- The architect of the project is Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates.
- Hills & Fort Construction LLC has been appointed as the main contractor and the piling work is being carried out by HSSG Foundation Contracting.
- Other companies involved with The Royal Atlantis Resort & Residences include DEC Dynamic and Belhasa Six Construct.
- The project is located on plot PJCRC19-27.
- From The Royal Atlantis Resort & Residences it takes roughly 26 minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 10 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 22 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 21 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 34 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 44 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
The development is located beside the existing Atlantis The Palm and takes the form of a two–tower residential, retail and beach club complex.
There are 795 rooms in the resort wing and 231 apartments in the residences arm.
The 795 guest rooms are located in the west wing and comprise 693 ocean and palm rooms, 96 suites and six signature suites.
The 231 residences include two-, three-, four- and five-bedroom apartments as wellas skycourts, penthouses and garden suites. There are over 80 different layout variations ranging from 1,434 to 17,088 square feet.
The Skycourt residences have elevated terraces, each with its own private outdoor infinity pool and landscaped gardens.
The unique design allows both maximum exposure to the Gulf as well as providing sky-courts and terraces with shaded gardens and pools.
All rooms have deep private balconies along with access to public terrace space at the hotel club, lounge and roof-top restaurant.
The terraces are designed to both maximise shade and direct prevailing breezes over water and vegetation for passive cooling.
The hotel and residences towers are joined together by a "spa bridge" which has a 90-metre sky-pool at a height of 100 metres. It may be used by hotel guests and residents as well. There will also be 65 outdoor pools in the residential wing.
There are more than 90 pools across the two resorts, as well as 2km of private beach, 45 restaurants and bars, a beach club and nightclub.
The resort includes a conference space, dining, resort amenities, and a large light-filled open lobby.
The resort has 17 restaurants and bars including celebrity chef restaurants.
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal and Jaleo by José André were first two restaurants to open. Others include Milos by Costas Spiliadis, La Mar by Gastón Acurio, Hakkasan, and Ariana’s Kitchen by Ariana Bundy.
A Cantonese venue, Ling Ling, is located on the hotel's 22nd and 23rd floors, with an array of outdoor terraces that overlook the pool.
A tank of 2,000 jellyfish will serve as a centrepiece to the lobby bar.
There are five dramatic installations designed by Californian water feature firm W.E.T. in The Royal Atlantis Resort & Residences including SURGE, which has sheets of cascading water that spill onto a pool with flames erupting out of it, GLIMMER on the ground level, and HORIZON a water performance piece.
About 20 apartments at Royal Atlantis Residences went on sale in January 2017 in addition to the 27 that were released in late 2016. The developer does not allow investors to flip or resell the properties until 60 per cent of the unit prices have been paid.
The Royal Atlantis Resort & Residences was estimated to cost US$1.4 billion to build.
There is space for 1,500 cars at the complex, which takes up over 10 hectares of land.
One-click links to properties currently on the market in The Royal Atlantis Resort & Residences.
Properties for sale in The Royal Atlantis Resort & Residences
Invest in real estate in The Royal Atlantis Resort & Residences
The Royal Atlantis Resort & Residences Construction Progress
The dates above refer to when we monitored the site and not the exact date that construction reached a particular stage.
Please note that our progress updates are visual estimations only and should not be confused with official progress reports issued by the government regulator.
The Royal Atlantis Resort & Residences in the News
Gulf News, 27th Sep 2021
Hotelier Middle East, 20th Mar 2021
Gulf News, 30th Sep 2019
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: