- The Index is a 80-storey mixed-use building in Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai.
- Construction began in 2005 and was completed by 2010.
- The project was developed by Union Properties.
- The architect of the project was Foster + Partners.
- The main building work was done by Multiplex and the piling work was carried out by Swissboring Overseas Piling Corporation.
- From The Index it takes roughly five minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 19 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 17 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 23 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 15 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 45 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
Winner of the CTBUH award for ‘Best Tall Building Middle East & Africa 2011.
The characteristic long and narrow floor plan design is a result of the need for a column-free flexible office space whilst maximising natural light throughout.
In order to achieve an open office space the structural cores had to be pushed to the edges of the building and a solid A-frame shape was devised to help dissipate any wind or seismic forces. The weight of the upper residential section is spread across a huge steel beam that transfers the load to the lower A-frame cores.
The architectural design was partly inspired by the John Hancock Centre in Chicago.
The lower outside space is surrounded by a 200-metre-long pool and benefits from its own microclimate created by a shaded atrium which is naturally cooled by the downdraft of the building facade.
The east to west orientation shields the office spaces from intense sunlight in the morning and evening and the south face of the tower features shading elements which help to keep the building cool.
The building is crowned with 12 luxury duplex and triplex penthouses with private swimming pools.
The original master plan had specified two separate residential and commercial towers which were later consolidated into a single mixed use tower with offices on the lower 25 floors and residential apartments and penthouses above.
A sky lobby with restaurants, shops, a gym and a swimming pool divides the upper and lower sections.
One-click links to properties currently on the market in The Index.
Properties to rent in The Index
Properties for sale in The Index
The Index in the News
Gulf News, 10th Jun 2021
Gulf News, 6th Dec 2005
The Index Reviews
See what the residents have to say by reading 6 user reviews courtesy of flatreviews.com
The Index receives an overall rating of 4 based on 6 reviews. Users were asked to consider many factors including the view, finishing, layout, noise levels, traffic, public transportation, parking, security, swimming pool, gym, and maintenance.
Did you find these reviews helpful? If so add your review
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: