- The 9 is a 25-storey mixed-use building in Business Bay, Dubai.
- Construction began in 2015 and was completed by 2020.
- The project was developed by Mr Gheyath Mohammed Gheyath.
- The architect of the project was LACASA Architects & Engineering Consultants.
- The main building work was done by Ginco General Contracting LLC.
- The project is located on plot BB.A03.040.
- From The 9 it takes roughly nine minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 22 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 20 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 25 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 16 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 43 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
The original proposal in 2007 was for a building on this site to be known as Gheyath Tower. However, the project fell victim to the financial crisis and was never built. The building has since been redesigned and construction of 'The 9' began in early 2015.
The 9 Construction Progress
MEP = Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing.
The dates above refer to when we monitored the site and not the exact date that construction reached a particular stage.
Please note that our progress updates are visual estimations only and should not be confused with official progress reports issued by the government regulator.
The project was at groundworks stage in March 2016.
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: