- RIU Dubai is a hotel on Deira Islands, Deira, Dubai.
- The development contains a total of 800 units.
- The project was launched in February 2016.
- The handover process was completed in December 2020.
- The estimated handover date was 2019.
- The project was developed by Nakheel PJSC.
- The hotel is currently operated by Riu Hotels & Resorts.
- From RIU Dubai it takes roughly 14 minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 15 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 12 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 17 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 20 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 32 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
The resort has a rooftop pool deck, seven food and beverage outlets, three more swimming pools, a fitness complex, a children’s club and a water park.
Dining facilities include an all-day restaurant, a speciality restaurant, four beach restaurants and an evening dining area with a stage for live shows and entertainment.
A two-level podium contains the food and beverages outlets as well as car parking spaces.
The water park takes up over 10 percent of the project’s 3.4 million square foot plot.
The project is a joint venture between master developer Nakheel and Spain's RIU Hotels and Resorts.
In January 2018 Nakheel signed a $105m (AED385m) contract with RIU Hotels & Resorts for the hotel’s construction.
It is part of Nakheel's vision to create family-orientated resort style hotels to help achieve the government's 2021 tourism vision.
The 800-room resort was the first property on Deira Islands when it opened in December 2020.
The developer, Nakheel, hopes to create the same sort of interest among investors and visitors that it did for its original 'island', Palm Jumeirah.
RIU Dubai in the News
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: