- Pentominium is a 122-storey residential building under development in Dubai Marina, Dubai.
- The project was launched in 2007.
- The estimated handover date was 2012 which was later revised to 2015.
- Construction began in 2009.
- The project is being developed by Trident International Holdings.
- The architect of the project is Aedas Limited.
- From Pentominium it takes roughly 21 minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 11 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 16 minutes to Burj Al Arab and nine minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 29 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 35 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
At a height of 516metres, Pentominium will be one of the tallest residential towers in the world if it is ever completed.
Designed by Dr Andrew Bromberg of Aedas Architects, the building has two different sides centred on a shared core.
The mainly southern flank consists of a series of balconies and a vertical layer of glass to cut down the solar gain. The glass becomes wider towards the top of the building and acts as a wind-break to protect the balconies from the higher-velocity winds at greater heights.
On the northerly flank apartments alternate with sky gardens creating a staggered shape.
Facilities are promised to include a sky lounge, a business centre, a cigar lounge, a sky pool and an observation deck - all above 400 metres.
Completion was expected to be in 2015, but in 2011 the project was put on hold by which time the building had reached level 24.
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: