- One Za'abeel is a multi-building complex under construction in Zabeel, Bur Dubai, Dubai.
- The development comprises two individual buildings: One Za'abeel Tower 1 and One Za’abeel Tower 2.
- The project was launched in 2017.
- The estimated handover date was Q4 2020 which has since been revised to September 2021.
- Construction began in 2017.
- The project is being developed by Investment Corporation of Dubai.
- The design contract was awarded to Nikken Sekkei Ltd.
- ALEC has been appointed as the main contractor.
- From One Za'abeel it takes roughly seven minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 19 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 17 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 22 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 13 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 45 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
One Za’abeel is located on land either side of Al Saada Street.
At the heart of this huge mixed-use scheme will be a dramatic protruding steel skybridge called The Linx. Suspended 100m above the ground, the panoramic space will house restaurants and bars, an observation deck, a gym, a spa, a pool, a banquet hall and a rooftop terrace.
As well as creating a “floating event space and urban landmark” for the project, The Linx will also reinforce the structural stability of both towers. Its diagonal tube structure will provide vertical and torsional strength, and allow their upper floors to utilise column-free spaces.
The towers themselves will house a luxury and an ultra-luxury hotel, high-end retail, offices and residential apartments. The buildings will be mainly composed of glass with external fins, allowing them to merge into the background and evoking the sense of a shimmering mirage.
The first tower will have of 67 floors and the second 57. Both towers are set on a three-storey podium dissected by the four-lane dual carriageway. The facade of this platform is inspired by horizontal layers of rock in the earth, while vertical terraces, landscaping and water features will create a feeling of ascent.
The podium will be topped by an accessible landscaped green roof, and visitors can also relax, socialise and enjoy public events in an air conditioned plaza between the two towers.
When complete the complex will have a built-up area of 480,000 sq m incorporating residences, a hotel, serviced apartments, office space, and a retail podium known as The Gallery.
There will be 37,000 sq m of offices, 12,000 sq m of retail, a 90-key ultra luxury hotel, a 314-key luxury hotel, 94 serviced apartment, 263 residential apartments and 2,500 parking spaces. The hospitality portion will be operated by the One & Only hotel brand.
The development, situated between the old and new business districts of Dubai, will have overhead connectivity with Zabeel Park.
Alec Engineering & Contracting is the main contractor.
The first of six sections of the cantilevered bridge that will link the two towers was delivered to site in September 2019. The remaining sections are expected to be ready by March 2020. The six sections will be assembled at the podium level and then lifted 100 metres where they will connect the two buildings between the 23rd and 25th floors.
The bridge is about 230 metres long and weighs 9,000 tonnes, but with the swimming pool and restaurant the total weight will reach an estimated 13,000 tonnes.
One Za'abeel in the News
Construction Business News, 17th Oct 2019
Gulf News, 16th Sep 2019
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: