- Mohammed Bin Rashid Library is a building in Al Jaddaf, Dubai.
- The project was launched in February 2016.
- The estimated handover date was 2018 which has since been revised to Q3 2019.
- The project was developed by Dubai Municipality.
- The main building work was done by Al Shafar General Contractors.
- From Mohammed Bin Rashid Library it takes roughly 15 minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 27 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 25 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 30 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 11 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 48 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
The Mohammed Bin Rashid (MBR) Library is in Al Jaddaf, overlooking Dubai Creek.
The MBR Library is said to house more than 4.5 million books.
Within the building there are eight specialised libraries: children, youth, family, multimedia, business, Arabic, international, and popular. Between them they contain more than 1.5 million printed books, two million digital books, and one million audio books.
There are also conference and study rooms, exhibition areas, a 544-seat auditorium, a café, and parking spaces, to enable the Library to host more than 100 events each year.
The building’s complex architectural design is inspired by the rehal, the book rest used for the Holy Quran.
Mohammed Bin Rashid Library Construction Progress
MEP = Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing.
The dates above refer to when we monitored the site and not the exact date that construction reached a particular stage.
Please note that our progress updates are visual estimations only and should not be confused with official progress reports issued by the government regulator.
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: