Mohammed Bin Rashid City (MBR City)
Mohammed Bin Rashid City Overview
Mohammed Bin Rashid (MBR) City is a vast new project planned for the largely empty land to the south of Business Bay and bounded by Al Khail Road (E44) on the northwest, Umm Suqeim Road (D63) on the southwest/west, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road (E311) on the south/southeast, and Dubai Al Ain Road (E66) on the east/northeast.
Named after the Ruler of Dubai whose palace is inside the development area, this is a 10,800 hectare (26,687 acre) site, 20 percent larger than Manhattan.
A quarter of the area will be covered by Meydan City which will eventually surround the Dubai Racing Club and comprise several developments, namely Meydan 1, Sobha Hartland, Meydan Metropolis, MBR City District One, Dubai Racing Club, Nad Al Sheba 1, Millennium Estates, Meydan Grand Views, Meydan Heights and Mag Eye at Meydan (formerly known as District 7).
Dubai Hills Estate accounts for another 1,200 hectares (2,965 acres) and MBR City District Eleven, 400 hectares (988 acres). The remaining land, amounting to 6,600 hectares (16,310 acres), has not yet been allocated.
Canvas is a project comprising two buildings designed by T.ZED Architects being developed by KOA, the developer and former CEO of the Al Barari development.
Canvas is described as ‘a unique member’s community where like-minded individuals come together to live, work and play.’ It will showcase the developer’s ethos that focuses on ‘enriching lifestyles through a connection to nature, culture and unmatched amenities’.
- Announced in August 2015, Meydan One is to be a luxury district covering an area of
34 hectares (87 acres).
The optimistic target completion date is 2020.
- Sobha Hartland is an 8 million sq ft (185 acres) mixed-use development at the north eastern corner of MBR City where the Ras Al Khoor Road (E44) meets the Dubai - Al Ain Road (E66). It is 3km from Burj Khalifa.
There will be 282 freehold villas of four, five or six bedrooms, all with ‘a unique L-shaped ultra-contemporary design that transforms the backyard into a courtyard'. They are available in four different floor plans and due to be completed in 2017.The Hartland Garden Apartments will have studios, one-, two- and three-bedroom units, and duplex apartments housed in sixteen low-rise (up to eight storeys) buildings. There are also plans to build nine 49-storey and two 21-storey apartment towers.
Construction is underway.
- A 35 hectare (86 acre) commercial development consisting of 17 office buildings built on an expansive 12 hectare (30 acre) landscaped podium with parking below for up to 400 cars. Meydan Metropolis, also known As Meydan Business Park, is situated between the Racing Club and the Dubai - Al Ain Road.
Construction has not yet started.
Mohammed Bin Rashid City District One
- District One is a vast swathe of land measuring between Business Bay and the Racing Club to be developed into a 'promising urban, mixed-use, leisure and sports development'.
Dubai Racing Club
- Within its boundaries lie the Meydan (horse) Racing Club with its various equine facilities, Meydan Golf (aka ‘The Track), and Meydan Avenue, which incorporates the grandstand, the Meydan Hotel and a business ‘free zone’.
- A residential zone developed by G & Co overlooking the grandstand and comprising 197 luxury villas built over 35 hectares (87 acres).
Millennium Estates was launched in April 2013, sold out by June 2013, and was completed in 2016.
Race Course Villas
- Another residential zone to be built beyond the golf course but is still in the planning stage.
- This is a new neighbourhood in Nad Al Sheba 1 with distant views of the Racing Club. It includes 528 townhouses together with shops, park areas and public amenities and has been developed for Emirates Airlines pilots.
The houses are finished and people are moving in.
Mag Eye at Meydan
- Formerly known as MBR City District Seven, Mag Eye at Meydan is still in planning.
Dubai Hills Estate
- Developed in joint collaboration between Emaar and Dubai Holding, Dubai Hills Estate is a 2,700-acre project that will see villas and residential plots alongside an 18-hole golf course. There will eventually be 2,000 villas and over 20,000 apartments. Other planned features include two hotels, four schools and 14 tennis courts. The pink and purple metro lines will, when built, connect to Al Makhtoum International Airport.
Construction is under way and is due for completion in 2017.
Mohammed Bin Rashid City District Eleven
- Located at the junction of the Dubai - Al Ain and Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Roads, this Meydan development is billed as ‘a cosmopolitan, family-oriented community comprising villas and mixed-use buildings and offering a number of attractive amenities and facilities including Emirates Airline housing, Meydan Villas and The Kent College of Canterbury’.
The Emirates housing part of MBR City District Eleven is nearing completion.
One-click links to properties currently on the market in Mohammed Bin Rashid City.
Properties to rent in Mohammed Bin Rashid City
Properties for sale in Mohammed Bin Rashid City
Invest in real estate in Mohammed Bin Rashid City
Mohammed Bin Rashid City in the News
The National, 17th Nov 2020
Mohammed Bin Rashid City Communities
We currently maintain records for 39 sub-communities in Mohammed Bin Rashid City.
Mohammed Bin Rashid City Buildings
We currently maintain records for 74 building developments in Mohammed Bin Rashid City.
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: