- Mall of the Emirates is a multi-building complex in Al Barsha 1, Al Barsha, Dubai.
- The development comprises four individual buildings: Mall of the Emirates Shopping Center, Ski Dubai Mall of the Emirates, Kempinski Mall of the Emirates and Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates.
- Construction began in 2003 and was completed by 2005.
- The architect of the project was Holfords Associates.
- From Mall of the Emirates it takes roughly 12 minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 11 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 10 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 15 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 21 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 37 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
Mall of the Emirates is owned by Majid Al Futtaim who own about one million square metres of retail space across the Middle East, of which over 60 per cent is located in the United Arab Emirates.
In September 2015 a new AED 1 billion expansion of Mall of the Emirates opened to the public adding 36,000 square metres to the existing structure in the form of a third floor. There are now an extra 40 new retail units including 20 fashion outlets and 12 restaurants.
The expansion project took place without disrupting the trading operations of any of the existing stores. A 3,000 strong team worked for 18 months on the project which includes two new domes, nine new bridges and three new escalators.
The new retailers will incude AllSaints, Lululemon Athletica, Abercrombie & Fitch, Seafolly, Omnia Baharat, Juicy Couture and Jane Norman. New restaurants include Dean & Deluca, 800 Degrees, Eat Greek Kouzina, and Din Tai Fung.
The expansion includes 1,300 new shaded parking spaces bringing the total available parking spaces to 7,900. There is even a new luxurious valet parking experience which offers complimentary coffee while you wait!
The Vox Cinema complex at Mall of the Emirates now has 24 screens making it the largest in the Middle East. It includes the only Imax Laser screen in the region, the largest Vox 4DX auditorium and two Vox Kids cinemas with an adjoining party room for birthday parties.
The Vox Cinema complex now has the world’s first luxury cinema experience called Theatre by Rhodes which combines fine food and film in collaboration with Michelin Star Chef, Gary Rhodes.
Mall of the Emirates is connected directly to the Dubai Metro via an air conditioned bridge.
Mall of the Emirates comprises five sub-buildings:
Mall of the Emirates Outlets
There are a number of outlets currently open in Mall of the Emirates.
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: