MAG City Overview
MAG City at Meydan, briefly known as 'MAG Eye,' is a new mixed use community in Meydan District 7 Mohammed Bin Rashid City. The $1.1b project is being developed as a joint venture between MAG Group and Meydan and will consist of apartment buildings and townhouses containing 5,100 units. There will also be a clubhouse, a retail zone, office space, and public green areas.
- The project was launched in September 2017.
- The estimated handover date is 2026.
- Construction began in December 2019.
- The master developer is Meydan Group.
- The architect of the project is WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff.
- China National Chemical Engineering Group has been appointed as the main contractor.
- From MAG City it takes roughly 14 minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 20 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 18 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 24 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 20 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 39 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
MAG City is spread over 48,000sq m with about 8,000sq m for retail spaces.
It is a Dh2 billion project.
It will be completed in five phases in four to five years and will have 5,100 villas and apartments. The first and second phases expected to be ready by 2023.
Handover is expected to happen within a maximum of five years from the start of construction.
The groundbreaking ceremony for the Dh2 billion project was held on 14 December 2019. At the time the developer promised to complete the first phase of the project on time in 2022.
Early concept designs were done by VX Architects.
The first phase will consist of five buildings containing 912 units and 150 townhouses. The second phase will consist of four buildings of 600 units and 92 townhouses.
The apartment buildings will contain fully-furnished studios and 1-bedroom apartments. The 694 townhouses come in 2-, 3-, and 4-bedroom layouts.
One-click links to properties currently on the market in MAG City.
Properties for sale in MAG City
Invest in real estate in MAG City
MAG City Dining and Nightlife Offers
Construction has started on phases one and two as well as the entire infrastructure of the project.
Five of the apartment buildings are topped out and nearing completion and a further three more are in the early stages of construction. The first row of townhouses at the south-western edge of the development are also under construction.
MAG City in the News
The National, 8th Jan 2020
Khaleej Times, 20th Dec 2019
Khaleej Times, 14th Dec 2019
Khaleej Times, 10th Nov 2019
Construction Week, 24th Sep 2019
Arabian Business, 15th Mar 2019
The original Mag Eye concept designs were drafted by VX and the detailed design work will be handled by Parsons. The masterplan includes residential blocks, townhouses, villas, a sales centre and utility buildings as well as infrastructure, manicured gardens and landscaping.
The community occupies a total area of 406,000 square metres of which 4,800 square metres are dedicated to public facilities and 5,000 square metres are dedicated to retail space.
MAG City Communities
We currently maintain records for 1 sub-community in MAG City.
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: