La Mer by Meraas Overview
La Mer is a mixed-use beachfront development by Sheikh Mohammed's private development company, Meraas.
La Mer has created almost 2.5 kilometres of new beaches and includes shopping, dining and entertainment areas. It is a variation on the successful theme pioneered by Meraas at its The Beach development alongside The Walk at JBR.
The first phase of La Mer opened on 15 October 2017. It comprises La Mer North and La Mer South with over 130 shops, cafés, restaurants, and beach activities.
The La Mer design is apparently inspired by ‘the way the sea embraces driftwood, timber, rusted metal, barrels and other items, brought by the tide to shore’, and this is what inspires the architecture and public spaces. It is an attempt to contribute to Dubai Tourism Vision 2020 by diversifying what Dubai has to offer.
Visitors will be able to hire day rooms and cabanas, and to risk their lives on a Hawa Hawa, an air-filled trampoline popular in Japan.
The second phase of La Mer opened in 2018. Known as The Wharf it includes ‘industrial aesthetics’, aka rusty steel work, and a surf park. Eventually there will also be a hotel and housing located on two man-made peninsulas.
- The project was launched in September 2014.
- The handover process began in Q3 2017.
- Construction began in Q2 2015.
- The master developer is Meraas Holding.
- From La Mer by Meraas it takes roughly 14 minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 26 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 25 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 30 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 21 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 52 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
One-click links to properties currently on the market in La Mer by Meraas.
Properties to rent in La Mer by Meraas
Properties for sale in La Mer by Meraas
La Mer by Meraas Dining and Nightlife Offers
By bus to Palm Strip bus stop. Take the No 8 from Al Ghubaiba Bus Station, No X28 or 88 from Deira City Centre, or No C10 from Burjuman.
La Mer by Meraas Buildings
We currently maintain records for 2 building developments in La Mer by Meraas.
View all La Mer by Meraas building developments.
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: