Jameel Arts Centre Overview
Jameel Arts Centre was one of the first contemporary arts institutions in Dubai. The Centre’s multiple gallery spaces are home to curated commissions, projects, and solo and group exhibitions, drawn both from the Art Jameel Collection and through regional and international collaborations.
The Jameel is open daily (except Tuesdays), entrance is free and all are welcome.
Positioned as a new creative destination in the city, and a hub for educational initiatives and cultural events, Jameel Arts Centre includes an open-access research library dedicated to artists and cultural movements of the Arab world, plus project and commissions spaces, a roof-top terrace, writer’s studio, members’ lounge, restaurant and shop. The Jameel is complemented by Jaddaf Waterfront Sculpture Park, a collaboration with Dubai Holding.
The building is a specially-commissioned, three-storey, multi-disciplinary space that offers a flexible and rich curatorial potential – from intimate spaces for capsule exhibitions through to large galleries with soaring heights for sculptural and installation works.
A selection of large-scale installations and sculptural works, several newly commissioned, are on view on the Centre’s roof terrace and within a series of permanent gardens designed by landscape architect Anouk Vogel. Gallery 9 focuses on artist’s film and video, starting with a work by Jumana Manna.
Visit the Jameel Arts Centre’s page for more details on the exhibitions and programmes.
- The project was launched in 2016.
- Construction began in 2016 and was completed by November 2018.
- The project was developed by Dubai Properties Group.
- The project was designed by WME Consultants.
- Other companies involved with Jameel Arts Centre include Serie Architects, Strabag, Ibda Design and Burohappold Engineering.
- The project is located on plot 326-5645.
- From Jameel Arts Centre it takes roughly 16 minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 27 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 26 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 31 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 10 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 48 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: