- Iris Bay is a 36-storey office building in Business Bay, Dubai.
- The project was launched in May 2007.
- Construction began in 2007 and was completed by 2015.
- The project was developed by Sheth Estate International Limited.
- The project was designed by WS Atkins & Partners.
- The main building work was done by Al Habtoor Engineering Enterprises.
- From Iris Bay it takes roughly nine minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 19 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 18 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 22 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 18 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 43 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
The tower comprises two identical double curved pixelated shells which are rotated and cantilevered over a four-storey podium, underneath which are three levels of basement designed to facilitate underground parking for 920 cars.
The 170-metre tower is elevated above a four-storey perforated podium which floats over a double height arcade, and houses retail and commercial space totalling 82,000 sq m.
The distinctive ovoid shape creates areas of negative pressure that draw air through the building and reduce the dependence upon mechanical ventilation for the underground car park in particular.
The rear elevation is a continuous vertical curve punctuated by balconies while the front elevation is made up of seven zones of rotated glass. This includes naturally ventilated spaces and integrated solar energy and shading films in the glass façade.
Amenities include a landscaped garden, swimming pool, state-of-the-art clubhouse and a multi-cuisine restaurant and cafe.
One-click links to properties currently on the market in Iris Bay.
Properties to rent in Iris Bay
Properties for sale in Iris Bay
Iris Bay Construction Progress
MEP = Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing.
The dates above refer to when we monitored the site and not the exact date that construction reached a particular stage.
Please note that our progress updates are visual estimations only and should not be confused with official progress reports issued by the government regulator.
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: