- Dubai Opera is a building in The Opera District, Downtown Dubai, Dubai.
- The project was launched in 2012.
- The handover process was completed in 2016.
- The estimated handover date was 2016.
- The project was developed by Emaar Properties.
- The project was designed by WS Atkins & Partners.
- From Dubai Opera it takes roughly five minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 21 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 20 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 25 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 17 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 47 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
Dubai Opera is a 2,000-seat, multi-format performing arts venue.
The building’s design is rooted in Dubai's maritime history, with the Arabian dhow being the architectural inspiration.
The interior space is flexible so that the building can be used as a theatre, a concert hall, or a 'flat floor' venue for banquets and events.
In theatre mode the space is suitable for opera, musicals, ballet and dance performances, large scale drama productions, lectures and conferences. It seats between 1,940 and 2,040 depending on the configuration.
Transformed into a concert hall by a series of towers on stage to create an acoustic shell that surrounds the orchestra, reflectors overhead enhance the acoustics and reflect sound. The concert platform can vary in size to suit the ensemble.
In 'flat floor' mode, the room can cater for a number of events including weddings, with banquet style seating able to accommodate up to 1,000 guests. It can also be configured for trade shows, exhibitions, receptions and parties where furniture can be supplied or removed accordingly.
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: