Dubai Exhibition Centre Overview
From 20 October 2020 until 10 April 2021 the Dubai Exhibition Centre will be re-located to a position 300m from the centre of the Expo 2020 Dubai site. It is a state-of-the-art multipurpose venue covering an area of 45,000sq m.
Dubai Exhibition Centre (DEC) can accommodate a variety of layouts, making it ideal for all forms of conferences, concerts, gala dinners, exhibitions, product launches, award ceremonies and more. The adjacent Dubai Metro station enables visitors to reach a variety of hotels, etc. within 15 minutes.
DEC is made up of two complexes, North and South.
The North Complex is large enough and flexible enough to host a range of events, from large-scale conferences, through performances and business meetings to more intimate gatherings. It has 14m high ceilings and 17,000sq m of floor space, two conference rooms that can each host more than 1,800 people, and multipurpose halls. The auditorium is completely reconfigurable for 200 to 2,000 people.
The larger South Complex has 28,000sq m of exhibition space and is able to host a variety of functions, from single large-scale events, to concerts or multiday conferences. It has 10m high ceilings and the space can be divided into nine halls, permitting organisers to host from 300 to 20,000 guests.
Taken together, the two complexes have 24 meeting rooms, 14 multi-purpose halls, 45,000 square metres of flexible event space, and on-site catering access to chefs from around the world.
- The estimated handover date was 2020.
- The project is being developed by Dubai World Trade Centre Authority.
- Mace has been appointed as the project manager.
- ALEC has been appointed as the main contractor.
- Other companies involved with Dubai Exhibition Centre include Aurecon, Woods Bagot United Arab Emirates and Blair Anderson.
- From Dubai Exhibition Centre it takes roughly 34 minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 28 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 31 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 29 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 41 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 24 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: