- Aykon City East Towers is a multi-building complex under development in Aykon City, Dubai.
- The development comprises four individual buildings: Aykon Heights, Aykon City Hotel & Hotel Apartments, Damac Maison de Ville Hotel & Hotel Apartments and Aykon City Office Tower.
- The project was launched in February 2016.
- The estimated handover date was 2021.
- Construction began in Q2 2016.
- The master developer is Damac Properties.
- The project is being developed by Meraas Holding.
- The design contract was awarded to LACASA Architects & Engineering Consultants.
- China State Construction Engineering Corporation has been appointed as the main contractor and the piling work is being carried out by National Piling Company.
- From Aykon City East Towers it takes roughly seven minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 15 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 14 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 19 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 15 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 41 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
It will cover an expanse of four million square feet with an estimated sales value of AED 7.4 billion.
Tower A was originally designed as an 80-storey building, but was redesigned and is now to be 90 storeys. It will house the Aykon Hotel and Serviced Residences.
The tower will overlook Sheikh Zayed Road, Safa Park and the Dubai Canal.
The top 10 floors of the tower will house the 280 hotel rooms, while the remaining floors will comprise hotel apartments and serviced units.
The rooms will come in sizes varying between 60 square metres and 400 square metres.
On the roof top the ‘Aykon Dare’ tourist attraction will allow guests to enjoy the views of the city by walking around the outside of the tower's roof on the 80th floor.
Tower B has also been redesigned and is now 80 storeys, up from 63. The new design was launched In March 2016. The 324-key Damac Maison de Ville Hotel will occupy the top 10 floors with the lower floors containing 964 furnished hotel apartments ranging in size from one to three bedrooms. The hotel apartments will be managed by DAMAC Maison Hotels and Resorts.
Tower C is to be a 60-storey residential building with studios and one-, two- and three bedroom apartments.
Tower D will be a 65-storey office building.
The majority of the towers are likely to have views over the Dubai Water Canal despite the project not being directly adjacent to it. It is worth bearing in mind, however, that this could be obstructed if any tall towers were to be built on the canal front of Safa Park.
Once completed this section of Dubai, in addition to Al Habtoor City, will contain one of the highest concentration of ultra-luxury apartments and hotels in the Middle East.
Aykon City East will contain a shared 'Aykon Plaza’, an elevated platform that links the eastern towers, with swimming pools, a spa, a beach club, cafés, restaurants, yoga and tai-chi areas.
There will also be an exclusive residents-only club. ‘With a modern twist on old-world charm, the club will offer spectacular views of the surrounding neighbourhood, and a place to relax and socialise’.
The land for the project was bought by Damac in February 2016 for a reported AED 1.26 billion.
Aykon City East Towers Construction Progress
The dates above refer to when we monitored the site and not the exact date that construction reached a particular stage.
Please note that our progress updates are visual estimations only and should not be confused with official progress reports issued by the government regulator.
In March 2018 China State Construction Engineering Corporation Middle East was awarded a construction contract of Aykon City Tower B with an approximate contract value of AED 600 Million.
Aykon City East Towers in the News
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: