- 48 Burj Gate is a multi-building complex in Downtown Dubai, Dubai.
- The development comprises two individual buildings: Sofitel Dubai Downtown and 48 Burj Gate Residential Tower.
- Construction began in 2008 and was completed by 2014.
- The project was designed by Fentress Architects.
- From 48 Burj Gate it takes roughly eight minutes to drive to Dubai Mall, 19 minutes to Palm Jumeirah, 18 minutes to Burj Al Arab and 23 minutes to The Walk JBR.
- Dubai International Airport (DXB) is roughly 17 minutes' drive and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is roughly 45 minutes' drive. All durations are calculated by Google Maps and assume the fastest route in typical traffic conditions.
The twin tower complex on Sheikh Zayed Road in Downtown Dubai was developed by The Private Office of H.H. Saeed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
The 1.5 million square foot development comprises a 52-storey tower and a 31-storey tower situated on each side of a multi-storey atrium lobby space.
The smaller tower houses the 350-room Sofitel Dubai Downtown hotel, while the taller tower contains 250 luxury serviced apartments as well as office space and a variety of shops, restaurants and services.
The towers rise to 667 and 435 feet (203 and 132 metres), with one being convex and one concave. Together they provide 213,470 square metres of mixed-use space.
Here’s what the architect says: “Shimmering veils of glass define the two towers, blurring the border between land and water or the desert salt flats and the gulf.
“The veil-like folded sheets of glass that cover the entire front facades create the sense of a patterned sunscreen and carve familiar shapes into the Dubai skyline on a monumental scale.
“Each tower bends and creases independently as it rises to the sky, creating both a sense of individuality and unity.”
The complex is connected to Dubai Mall and Metro by an air-conditioned ‘skywalk’.
One-click links to properties currently on the market in 48 Burj Gate.
Properties to rent in 48 Burj Gate
We do our best to keep the data accurate. If you notice any mistakes on the page or have additional information you can notify us here: